Doesn't she look adorable with her little undies!! She is super cute!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Potty Training
For months now Rylie has shown all the signs of readiness to be potty trained. I have been leary to start in fear that my result would be the same as Tristan. It took us a year to train him. It was likely my fault for starting before he showed readiness signs and literally trying every method. It finally clicked by just making him run around naked. Now, he is fully trained and goes himself. I never worry about him. Anyway, back to Ry. 3 days ago we were at Target (surprise, surprise!) and she adamantly told me she had to potty. I will admit that I was a little skeptical at first but she was adamant. So I rushed to the bathroom where she immediately went and I discovered her pull up was dry. It was then that I realized I really needed to start with her. So, start we did 2 days ago. Hardcore. Undies only all day. That first day she had 2 accidents but still told me every time she had to potty. Wow. Day 2 was yesterday and she did great. 3 accidents in the morning where she started to go in her undies and the rest in the potty. She still told me every single time. Wow!! Today is day 3. I will continue to follow her around constantly reminding her to tell Mommy if you have to go potty' but I think she is very close to being done. I will say however that she tries to sit on that potty all the time to get that M&M. She has gone way more than necessary but I don't mind. Today is the real test. We have to go to the bank and pick up a few things at the grocery store. I will bring a few changes of clothes just in case but I'm sure she will be great! All this makes me wish I had started with her months ago.. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I see your fish in the background! Glad you were able to keep it alive.
Jsut a question, do the kids have their own computer? How are they with using a computer? Heidi loves computers but we wont let her come near ours. so I just wanted to know if you knew a trick or if they have their own...
Jen, i hope you check this again. Our kids used to use our older laptop but this is our new one and yes we still let them use it. It is a tablet PC and you can touch the screen which Rylie loves, me... not so much. However, we have some Preschool programs on it that are are really great so it makes it worth it. I don't really have any tips or tricks.. So that probably doesn't help you much...
Post a Comment