Jay and I are home bodies. I am the first to admit that I would rather stay home than do much anything else. I don't think I was always that way. But, after having 4 kids so close in age I think it is easier to be home. In our routine. In our environment. In our comfort. We have all been sick for the past few weeks and yesterday was our second Sunday missing church. We have been home. A lot. Too sick to go anywhere. So, my usually love.being.home self was getting antsy to get out. So, Jay and I loaded the kids up in the car. Picked up breakfast, and had a morning eating and playing at the park. It was lovely (except for the part where Jay took Kinsley down the super steep slide and burned his arm! Ouch! Use your imagination here, we were too scared we would drop our new iPhone 5's so we left the phones in the car). I am thinking maybe I need to change my homebody ways and get out more. Step out of my comfort zone and enjoy life. I mean, more than walking to the school 3 times a day. :)
After the park we spent the afternoon coloring pages and playing tic tac toe.
When i look at my family, all gathered around that table it brings me such joy. Even in the chaos that comes with having kids so close in age. The crayons and markers strewn on the floor all day. It is our chaos, and I am learning to enjoy it so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment